Welcome back! We hope you all enjoyed your vacation, whether you went skiing, stayed somewhere tropical or had a classic staycation. For this week’s blog, we’re going to respond to YOUR best (and juiciest) spring fling stories.
1. “A cute guy sat across from me in a coffee shop and looked like he was about to talk to me. I got scared and left the store.”
Coffee shops are prime locations to meet and greet new potential romances. If you see him again, strike up a conversation (if he doesn’t do it first). Take charge especially if he really is a cutie!
2. “I ate a big pile of cookies.”
Food will never leave you. Hold your sidekicks close, and never let them go.
3. “We made one eye contact, and I realized that she was my future wife, but I never saw her again.”
Richard Bach once sang, “If you love something, let it go. If it returns, it’s yours; if it doesn’t, it wasn’t. If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they’re yours; if they don’t they never were.” You never know what could happen. She might come back to you in the future. If she does, put a ring on it.
4. Saw a cute guy at my hotel, so I put on sunglasses so that I could watch him discreetly… Turns out he was in my terminal at the airport, but we boarded different flights. #RomanceOfTheCentury
Sunglasses are always the way to go when you want to secretly watch someone. Next time, learn from your mistakes. Take the glasses off, and go introduce yourself! It’s better to shoot your shot while on vacation than when you’re somewhere local. You could either have a really fun time, or you could get rejected but will never have to see the person again!
5. “My dog licked me the other day!”
Well, to be fair, a dog is everyone’s best friend. Enjoy it while it lasts.
The Official List of the Top Six Most Romantic Couples Destinations:
1. Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
2. Spicers Peak Lodge, Queensland, Australia
3. The Point Resort, Saranac Lake, NY
4. Four Seasons Resort, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
5. The Lodge at Woodlock, Hawley, Pennsylvania
6. Ayara Hilltop Resorts and Spa in Phuket, Thailand
Disclaimer! Many of these resorts are overly fancy, and you must be 18+ to book a room, so here’s a list of local romantic spots that we suggest:
1. The Cliff at Georgetown is perfect for a sunset picnic with amazing views of the Potomac River.
2. Slam Poetry at Busboys and Poets provides great books and even better eats!
3. We recommend going to the Ferris Wheel at the National Harbor at night because of the color-changing wheel.
4. Food trucks at the National Mall provide the best area to find food for all kinds of dietary restrictions. No more excuse to exclude your neighborhood vegan from your outings.
5. There’s nothing you can’t find here at the shops in Crystal City. Endless restaurants, multiple parks nearby, ice skating in the winter, etc — what more could a teenage couple want?